Monday, November 19, 2012

Squirrels On Syrup

One of the benefits in keeping a blog (excluding the obvious ones; laughing at old styles of writing, reminiscing over the days when one's digital camera still took good pictures, practicing subtle advertising, etc etc), is the immense pleasure when one becomes abruptly aware of one's ownership to a blog, and comes back just in time to dust off before one's 3rd year Anniversary.

This is a pretty good representation
of me. The computer doesn't let me
sleep at all....
I never figured out how to correctly use the term "one's" in writing.
No fear, my English teacher is here (well, no, she's at school) and she's pretty awesome.
I might learn it yet.

But today's post is not about the awesomeness of a certain Ms.EnglishTeacher. Neither is it about the immense pleasure in typing something semi-coherent after countless months of Googling short keywords. No no no.
Today's post, is a story. [cue the dawwwww]

Now, as numerous as the pleasures of blogging are, today's delight is one that will never be found through blogging. 

Allow me to set the stage.
It is on the street.

That is to say, I had the immediate satisfaction of catching the bus from school mere seconds before it closed its doors, being transported to the next bus stop (150 meters away), and then promptly deposited in the middle of nowhere to fend for myself.

That's right. The public transport vehicle went out of service.
With a bang.

Well, actually, the bus suddenly shook, people sitting in the back went "WOAH" as their bottom halves were transported meters above their seats, while the driver harmonized with a few well-chosen obscene vocabulary at equally obscene volumes. 
Yeah, I don't know what happened either.
Shout-out to all squirrels who lost themselves in wheels.
Fall is the season for squirrel murder D:

Needless to say, I am in very high spirits.

I have reason to believe we scraped a truck that was coming off the freeway. There was indeed a truck that was pulled over to the side of the road behind our bus. However, common sense tells me that the driver may have (regrettably) made himself a squirrel pancake out of scratch with one of his wheels.
And (also regrettably) didn't have any syrup to consume it with.

One thing is certain: this was the most excitement I had since June, when a couple of friends pulled me into a roller coaster spree and watched, bored, as I screamed my voice into teeny-tiny pieces.

I am not very fond of dropping at very high speeds.
I am, however, extremely fond of walking from nowhere to the next bus-stop.

I am also aware that I need a life.
Or maybe just more squirrels.

Today's Colour: Squirrel Brown
Today's Object: Popcorn

PS: No squirrels were harmed in the making of this post.
PPS: I sincerely hope the same can be said for this post's inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?