Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Land of the Rising Sun

First up, before anything else happens:

I'm sure we've all heard the disasters in Japan. Having said that, I'm not entirely sure how to begin...

The earthquake+tsunami+nuclear mix was quite horrifying to watch and follow on the news, but throughout their trying experiences, the citizens of Japan seems to have handled it very well. On the news and in pictures documenting the events, I saw strangers helping each other, hanging onto each other, escaping the tragedies together. Surrounded by the rather sudden horrors that fell upon them, I think it was really brave for the Japanese to be able to stay together and stay calm. 
Of course, one can never be perfectly ready for such natural disasters, but I'm proud of how prepared the citizens of Japan were, and how orderly they went about their businesses. I'm sure, that even now, with the hurt still lingering in Japan, new friendships are being made, and new heroes are being born.

So, although my messages are quite late: Japan, please continue to stay united! We're behind you all the way!
That is all.