Sunday, July 18, 2010

Never Believe in Advertising

Language Complications ~ Part 9

So.
I'm an avid gum fan.
I chew
Like a train.
On its last journey
Before 2012?

However, I'm not quite as fond of the dentist as I am of my gum.


The good news is, scientific study shows that gum can help clean the teeth, and keep it healthy (of course, you must not forget to brush and floss)
Perfect solution right?
Wrong.

Well...sort of...

So I brought this pack of gum a few days ago. It was one of those 12-piece packs, 4 packs per package. The front packaging had, along with the name/brand of the gum and its particular flavor (pineapple + coconut? Very interesting blend) it also mentioned that by chewing this gum you could both whiten your teeth AND help make your enzimes (?) stronger so your teeth can stay healthy and strong!
Haven on Earth!

Three packs of gum later (A gum a day keeps the dentist away! Chuga Chuga Chew Chew!), I finally gave myself my honest opinion; that there was really no difference. Flipping the empty gum-pack over, I saw the following in small (small!) print:
DIRECTIONS: chew 2 pieces 4 times a day for 20 minutes.

I should have known...
Today's Surroundings: White to White
Today's Object: Aluminium
Today's Feelings: Yellow

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I like the way you think, I found ur blog on a forum while randomly surfing threw the webternet. I'm 14 and making a blog all about life through my eyes too. Would you check out my blog?http://torimarieonedayatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ smiley1012
    Welcome to the world of blogging XD
    I'm glad you're enjoying my blog!

    Could you tell me which forum you found my blog on? *interested*

    Good luck and have fun on your own blogging adventures!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?