Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Arrival of Spring and the Loss of ... Well ...

Humans have always wanted what we didn't have. The same slice of pizza, on another person's dish, always seem more welcoming. The same grass, on another person's lawn, always looks greener (unless, of course, it has been pooped on, and thus has a more scientific reason for being green). Perhaps the one instance where we feel the most desire about is seasons and the outside temperature, especially if your current season is the one you most detest.

Life Complications ~ Part 21

Winter: tire-swing hibernation season
Now, don't get me wrong. I don't particularly hate winter, I just don't love it. Actually, if I wasn't such a well-mannered and compassionate being, I would hate winter. A LOT. Snow? Winds? Foggy glasses? Colds and Flu? Who needs all of that anyways? I could do with less ice and puddles. I could do with less layers of clothing. I can even go to church and come clean about my annual serial killing event; the continued, concentrated use of 2-ply tissues. However, as unlucky as it may be, I happen to live close enough to the North Pole to allow for 6 months of winter every year.
So you can imagine how much I look forward to sun, warmth, and the ability to see green under my feet again (even if it is a yellow-ed green).

However, now that spring has arrived, I've realized how imperfect this season is.
If we look aside the required amount of cold winds, rains, mud, and slush that comes with this rather messy season, there is one thing I'm sure all mothers (and teens with younger siblings) dread.

We have to share! The HORROR!
Share the little kids in our house, of course.

Now, I'm sure all mothers out there are hating the warmth the sun brings that lures out their children from their homes. Whether or not their intentions were evil, or even on purpose, spring has this sort of effect on little children (approx. under the age of 7) who have been pent up inside the house all during the cold winter.

Yes, we can add another sound to that infamous list: Spring, the bringer of birds and bees ... and rather loud children.
On the other hand, the house is finally empty, which is something I've been wishing for during the last 6 months.
Now that it's quiet, I feel rather lonely...



Oh dear, what is this feeling? Am I ...(god forbid)... wishing ... for winter?
Someone kill me. Now.

Lets not go though that roller coaster again, shall we?

Today's Surroundings: Warped and Full of Numbers
Today's Object: Bananas
Today's Colour: Green

PS: Do you have a favorite season that always ends up letting you down? How?

13 comments:

  1. Amen to that! It's April for goodness sake and its still raining! Even snowing! I dread the next few days.

    Pray that summer won't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Justina F. Lee
    Yes, the seasons this year seems rather confused. I'm not fond of any type of precipitation. Or fog >.<
    I hope that fabled "Global Warming" won't confused our summer weather either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate winter too! I'm so excited for spring, but it seems to be coming rather late this year, unfortunately. Allergies are getting terrible too.

    I stumbled across your blog, and I love it. You're a really good writer. I'll definitely be checking back in. Maybe you could check out some of my stuff too, www.maddiekaye.com

    Thanks and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Maddie
    I hear you. Winter is so horrible >.<
    Thanks! I'm glad to hear that. I'll drop by your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good reading here, thanks! I had been researching on yahoo when I uncovered your publish, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to much more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you all. I cant wait until i can bring out the grill and go fishing

    ReplyDelete
  7. alright, I have to admit-that was the FIRST post I read from you, and I already like your blog! I'm a fellow teen blogger, but of a different genre...mainly a book reviewer, but I'm just getting started, so who knows what it'll be in the future? Really love your blog, totally inspired me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looove your blog! I can totally relate to many of your thoughts about...many things. Haha! Very good and inspiring blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. IЎЇm delighted that I've noticed this weblog. Finally anything not a junk, which we go through incredibly frequently. The web site is lovingly serviced and saved up to date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lovely. See, I'm a would-be hater of winter too.

    Actually no, I'm not sophisticated enough to restrain myself. I hate winter.

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'M your 200th follower !!!!!
    Yay !!!!!!!
    Ha ha ha,yea,how true.I hate summers in summers and winters in winters.But I always love wet,rainy seasons!

    Just dropped by your blog and now I'm stalking it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Killing many birds with one stone: Mass-response :)

    @ Mr.Polished
    Ahh, BBQ season. I think you and my dad will hit off quite nicely together. ;D

    @natalieshnatalie
    Welcome to the blog! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    Book reviewing, huh? I know a friend who does book reviewing, and she says its a lot of fun! Who knows, maybe I'll try it too sometime in the future.

    @ Cuppiicake
    Thanks! I hope you'll continue to enjoy it!

    @ Stephanie
    Totally agreed. One of the worse inventions in our history on Earth. Although if you think about it, I don't like summer either. Too sunny.

    @ Hamza
    Yaays! This calls for a celebration! Thanks very much for being the 200th, you win bragging rights :D.
    I used to love the rain. But now, I only like it when I have an umbrella, and when it's not windy. The change is because I started wearing glasses a few years ago (too much book-reading in the dark) and I hate it when the rain gets on my glasses (so hard to clean!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. To the two anonymous-es:
    Sorry, your comment got caught by Google Spam filter. What can I say? Google is overprotective XD

    Thanks very much for your messages! I'll continue to do my best with posting!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?